The journey

The journey
The Journey

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Day 94 - THE END! (13 September)

Here it is... my last full day - a day in Singapore. I feel very sad that this epic journey is already over, even though it has been over 3 months. But there is a lot I am looking forward to about coming back. I imagine I'll be a little lost when that happens!

We went to the National Museum of Singapore today. There was a great photographic exhibition by an Iranian photographer called Abbas Atar', and the exhibition was focussed on war, the changing world and globalisation. The picture I have shown is a wall crumbling after an act of arson in Belfast.

The Singapore history section of the museum was also great. too. I prefers to look at the exhibits with my own interpretation, but this section would have been better appreciated with an audio guide. I still learned  about Singapore history  (as you might expect). The exhibit of the Japanese bicycles referred to the Japanese attack by using the bridges from Malaysia where they used bicycles. The British lost this battle, and had their weapons wrongfully  facing out to sea.


The museum also contained sections on Singapore life: fashion; food (amusingly there was a "no food" sign) including some smelling exhibits, cinema and photography.

We then went to Raffles Hotel, and put on posh accents to tick off the Singapore Sling part of our itinerary. When staff were present, I ensured that I referred to my friends Tarquin and Bunty.

We finished the day with a good serving of tasty Sushi and other Japanese food.

Tomorrow morning, I see Cathy off at 6am. Then my flight is later after that. My holiday is over. My last words on this blog will be words of warning, taken directly from my departure card for getting out of Singapore...

""DEATH FOR DRUG TRAFFICKERS".

Look after yourselves and each other, stay at school, and help old ladies to cross the road (without leaving them half way). Live long and prosper.